[3830] WPX SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 04:06:24 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:   38
   80:  115
   40:  406
   20: 1049
   15:  715
   10:   13
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This contest was a kind of a roller-coaster of the propagation. The disturbed
conditions dominated on Saturday and very few NA stations were logged. 15m did
not produce a single JA until 1230Z which is well after the sunset in JA. The
total of 6 JA QSOS on 15m was not what I could have expected.

On Sunday morning 15m sounded a bit better and I was able to run some JA for
2.5 hours starting from 07Z. Later around 12Z 20m started to open into NA so I
moved there for more than 2.5 hours. Then 15m was already rocking and I moved
there around 1430Z. The NA run on 15m lasted 3 hours before I had to start
S&amp;P. After this the propagation took a deep dive never to recover on any
bands.

Everything worked fine during the contest but my setup was still not very
flexible for real SO2R operating. I tried a few QSOs with the second radio on
Sunday but as I had no amplifier connected to it I could not fully utilize it.

It is nice to notice that this is my best WPX SSB score breaking the 1000
prefixes and there is still a big room for improvement. Thanks for the QSOs!
The log will be uploaded to LoTW. I can't wait for the CW leg so I hope to see
you there.

Equipment:
FT1000MP + AL80A / 800W
10m 5el + 4el