[3830] EA RTTY AA5AU SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] EA RTTY AA5AU SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 09:00:31 -0700
                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  423   123
   10:
-------------------
Total:  423   123  Total Score = 91,881

Club:

Comments:

I didn't expect to spend this much time in the contest but you know what happens
when conditions are good (SFI 135-137, A=5, K=1). I started on 15, and since it
was golden, I decided to just stay there. Great conditions into EU way past
their sunset. Took a couple hour nap and woke up to excellent runs into Japan.
As the sun set here at around 0030Z, there was no sign of the band going away
so I just kept at it.

An hour after sunset I work BA1PK. Two hours after sunset I work DV1JM. Three
hours after sunset I'm working into UA9 when the band finally decided to go
out. It was one of the most tremendous times I've had that late on 15 meters.

I woke up Sunday morning just before sunrise and the band was open to EU.
Normally I can't run that early, but called CQ anyway and instantly had a nice
run going. 2Tone was pulling out all the weak ones too. I decided to really
push it and contested with a full effort the last 4 hours. I checked the NA
record for 15 meters in this contest to find that I had already doubled it.

I ran four RTTY windows with 2Tone in the main window and 2 clones and one
MMTTY clone with three different versions of 2Tone. Last month I received a
&quot;special&quot; version of 2Tone from G3YYD and this version seemed best of
the three. The second best was 13.02B and the latest version 13.04A was good but
not as good overall as the other two it seemed.

It was, by far, the best EA RTTY contest I have participated in. Normally April
propagation is not good here. Nice to have good conditions this time because
with this cycle, you just don't know where it's heading.

Loved IS0LFZ calling in with 5 minutes to go to the end for mult #123! Thanks
to everyone for the contacts. Now I get to go cut grass, paint the trim around
the garage and do all the other things I didn't get done yesterday. HI

73, Don AA5AU

Equipment:
Icom IC-756 PRO III
Ameritron AL-80B @ 500 watts