[3830] GaQP N8XX Single OpCW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] GaQP N8XX Single OpCW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 17:37:03 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single OpCW QRP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:      0       0
   80:     16       0
   40:     41       0
   20:     14       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
------------------------
Total:     71       0  CW-Dig Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 6,674

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, what a contest. The only problem was that there were so few fixed stations
that the mobiles/rovers were swamped, swamped, all the time swamped,and it was
hard to get a &quot;peanut whistle&quot; signal in before they changed
counties.  I dont' recall how many fixed stations I worked but most of the Q's
were with mobiles/rovers.  It seemed that the rovers/mobiles had pileups 25 or
more deep, and they would go on for 10, 15, 30 or more minutes without letup.

On Saturday propagation was such that a station with 5 watts to a cloud warmer
antenna could actually get through the pileups, but it was exceedingly tough on
Sunday. If the latest county coverage map was correct, the vast majority of
counties had no fixed operations planned.

Thanks to the organizers for a &quot;great ride&quot; - I doubled my claimed
score from last year, so it was lots of fun.