[3830] JIDX CW JG1VGX/1 SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jg1vgx@jarl.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW JG1VGX/1 SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:45:28 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: JG1VGX/1
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1VGX/1

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Yamanashi
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   56    30
   20:  112    56
   15:  147    54
   10:   75    49
-------------------
Total:  390   189  Total Score = 87,507

Club:

Comments:

- Just a Boy and His Whip -

This time I went mobile again.
I made another excursion (150km) to Yamanashi pref which has a better mult (17)
than much populated Tokyo (10) or Kanagawa (11).

This time, howerver, I couldn't employ &quot;salt-water magic&quot; (the tactic
I employed in the recent ARRLCW and RDXC), since the prefecture of Yamanashi is
completely land-locked!!

For the aerial, I normally use two-meter long base-loading mobile whip, but
this time I used even shorter one (1.7m) for testing it out. It is a new
product from Diamond co.(see below) and made of extendable rod and easily
adjustable cylidrical loading coil. It has numbered tick marks on its cylinder
so QSY is very handy once you remember the exact points for each band on the
scale. This part is very important in multi-band contest operation since we
need to move back and forth quite often. It's not motor-driven like more
sophisticated screwdrivers, but it's light, compact and perfect for my easy
contest operation.

For performance, initially I didn't expect much since it's shorter and thinner
but I'm quite surprised and very satisfied with the results.

CQ:SP ratio was 92:298 (1:3).

Remeber it's no tower, no beams, no high power. Made by just a single element
of 1.7m.
I even had a short burst of pileups from EU on 20m during local midnight.

Last but not least, thank you all for your perseverance and efforts in
extracting my callsign out of mud.

73 and GL, rin JG1VGX

TRX: IC-706mkII (50W)
Ant: Diamond RHM10, a mobile whip 1.7m in length
http://www.diamond-ant.co.jp/english/release.html#RHM10
QTH: Hokuto city, Yamanashi (PM95eu)