[3830] JIDX CW K9YC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW K9YC SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:11:25 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA-SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2     2
   80:   78    34
   40:  148    36
   20:  103    32
   15:  111    32
   10:   64    27
-------------------
Total:  506   163  Total Score = 106,602

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This may be the only time I've spent more than an hour or two in JIDX. I tried
JIDX SSB once a few years ago, but my hillbilly upbringing (in WV) left me
seriously handicapped with many accents, and I still find Japanese-accented
English particularly difficult. That, combined with log submission rules that
seemed to ask me to jump through hoops caused me to give up on it and work the
GAQP instead.

CW to the rescue, and this time around I had a pretty pleasant time of it. Not
a lot of hours -- time with the XYL, and K6XX and I both took time off Saturday
morning to hit the De Anza swap meet and the Santa Cruz club's monthly techie
gab fest. I sent in a stock Cabrillo. We'll see if it bounces.

73, Jim K9YC