[3830] GaQP N4CD Single OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP N4CD Single OpCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:11:39 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4CD
Operator(s): N4CD
Station: N4CD

Class: Single OpCW LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    180       0  CW-Dig Mults = 131  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 47,160

Club:

Comments:

Fun fun fun.  I needed about 80 counties in GA for my next time around - I'm a
county hunter and got 65 of them.   Conditions were good on Saturday and not
too bad on Sunday from TX to GA.  The QSB on Sunday was bad.

Some mobiles were quite directional and you'd hear them nice in one county and
they were gone in the next one then back when they changed directions.    Still
did great considering my little R5 vertical on a 13 foot high pole in a crowded
10 foot wide back yard.  And 40m inverted vee up 27 feet in the middle. Never
did hear the northeast corner of GA...either run on 40M (no propagation during
the day from here to there) or I just plain missed 10 counties up that way on
20M - maybe just 'too close' for 20M.   A few others I missed were run only on
40M - and hard to bust the pileups from TX in the evenings with 100 others
calling!   There were some major pile ups on the mobiles.

Worked a few on SSB but didn't count them.   No different multipliers.   Didn't
chase the SSB mobiles, either.   Just cw.

Spent lots of time in the chair operating and also spotted the mobiles so other
county hunters could catch counties they needed - maybe.    the spots were
coming every minute or two  for the whole contest as mobiles changed counties.