[3830] GaQP K5YAA Rover Single OpCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP K5YAA Rover Single OpCW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:53:40 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Rover Single OpCW HP
QTH: 23 Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:       0      0
   80:      37      0
   40:     509      0
   20:     605      0
   15:      34      0
   10:       0      0
    6:       0      0
------------------------
Total:    1185      0  CW-Dig Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 116,130

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Got lost in Ft. Stewart - GPS said turn left onto Hwy 119 and the Army had it
blocked off.  Wandered around for an hour before getting away from the Tank
trails and gun ranges.  Rain started and lasted the rest of Sunday.  Biggest
pileup was in Appling county.  Only made 23 counties total out of 39 planned.
A one man show is a grind what having to pick and and move to the next county.
Some nice pileups though so it was worth it.

Worked 16 countries. DL3DXX was everywhere.  15, 20 and 40 meters with a huge
signal.  Worked him in 22 counties.  Notable calls were N4CD, K5CM, K9UIY,
K8MFO, K0DEQ, K5WAF, N5RZ, VE1RGB, WA6KHK ( LOUD FROM CA ), N5WR, N5AU, NS9I,
W8TM, KV8Q, WD0ECO, W2CVW ( JOE ), WE7G, N5DO, W9MSE AND NT2A.  Others of
course these are the ones from memory.

The K3 and AL811H played well all throughout the contest.  Sorry if I missed
you by being an alligator at times.  Had a bit of an issue with N3FJP - it
would send 26 or 40 but nothing in between.  Needed 36 but couldn't get there!
Got frustrating sending 26 when I needed to go faster and harder!

Long drive over to Georgia from Oklahoma but I will go again one of these
times.  Good party with lots of activity and special hospitality from Paul N4PN
and his lovely wife Martha.  We had a fine dinner with wine on Friday evening
while we inspected Paul's station in Bibb County.  He has some 160 meter QSL
jewels.  Quite a gentleman  but what an operator.  He and Bob W0BH and David
N4VDL covered 61 counties with their county coverage effort during the party.
What a feat.

On the way home Bob followed me part of the way and we covered the party
details and compared signals with several operators along the way.  Bob went on
his way back to Kansas.  He traveled further than I did!

That's about it for the Georgia story.  No special happenings.  The countryside
was beautiful this time of year and one highway patrolman stopped to see that I
was OK.  I think those guys know what we do now when we pull over to the side
of the road.  He seemed happy I was Ok and went about his way.  Nice to have
such kind folks looking after you.

On to Florida in a couple of weeks.