[3830] MiQP NA8V Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP NA8V Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 06:20:26 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STCL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   92     25
   40:  202    197
   20:   55     33
   15:    6      4
   10:
--------------------
Total:  355    259  CW Mults = 92  Ph Mults = 94  Total Score = 180,234

Club:

Comments:

Lots of activity plus good condx make for a great time!  40 stayed short until
the last hour.  I think that held down activity on 80, couldn't get much going
on fone there.  Still can't seem to get much going on 20, not sure why as the
band was good.  I *think* I worked 49 counties on cw and 54 on fone for a total
of 66.

Saturday morning I attempted to &quot;set things up&quot;.  Didn't go well.  I
managed to muck the county definitions in my logging program and didn't realize
it thought I was outstate until my first outstate QSO wouldn't log.  Took a few
mins to figure out what i needed to tell it, then it was ok.  Also tried to fix
my TS850 - it had some carrier on SSB.  Managed to render it inoperable on fone,
so i had to switch rigs to switch modes.  Not being set up for 2 radios, that
meant changing the antenna coax and headfones by hand.  not a big deal (got it
down to 30sec) but cumbersome so I didn't try to move anyone to a different
mode.

Great mobile/portable activity, i worked 11 different stations that were
portable or mobile for this one.  K8MR and Ne9U both were 9 QSO, 6 with K8MAD
(counting the K8MM Q at the end).  I put up a 40m dipole for this contest and
it worked great, much better on short skip than my vertical.

greg/na8v