[3830] WPX SSB AB1J SOSB40(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AB1J SOSB40(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 08:08:58 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB40(TS) LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  133
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

&quot;Mama tried to teach me better,
 but her pleadin' I denied.
 Now there's only me to blame
 'cause Mama tried.&quot;

Sorry, Merle, if I didn't get that quite right, but that's how I
remember it although memory ain't my strong suit anymore.

Anyway, Mom told me not to hang out in tough neighborhoods where I'd
get beat up and have my lunch money stolen, but I didn't pay her no
nevermind.  But she was right and I learned my lesson the hard way
on 40 SSB in the WPX.

But the back story (and my excuse) is that I got a new computer the
weekend before.  It took me all week to migrate my software and
environment from XP to Win8.  All was working in love and harmony by
Friday afternoon and I was ready to rock and roll.  The only game in
town was the WPX-SSB, so I bought my ticket to ride.  But why 40?
Well, some men ask why? others, why not? and some just blunder along.
The SFI was punko and I was curious and had never worked 40
in an SSB contest.  New computer, new worlds to conquer.  What more
could I want?  Well, a RTTY contest would have served just fine, actually.

I got my new experiences all right, pain and suffering, mostly.  I'm
using my poetic license (got it down at city hall) and exaggerating
a bit, but not much. It was interesting learning experience but
nothing I'd try again without prayer and Prozac.

Thanks for the hard-earned QSOs (from both ends).  I didn't mean to
make things so difficult.  I was told by enough people I had a weak
signal that eventually I realized there might be something to it.

I hope to see many of you in the WPX-CW in May.

73,
Kermit (aka Ken), AB1J

FT-2000
N1MM