[3830] 7QP KK7AC SOSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP KK7AC SOSSB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 16:59:23 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: KK7AC
Operator(s): KK7AC
Station: KK7AC

Class: SOSSB LP
QTH: AZAPH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:          25
   40:         215
   20:         509
   15:         200
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     949      0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 127,166

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Once again, Delaware eluded me as it often does for a 50 state sweep.
North Dakota nearly slipped past my receiver undetected as well, but
alas, N0CYK came about on 40 late. Good DX / VE participation was also
observed which helped push the multipliers. Also increasingly palpable
was the participation amongst the fellow Outlaws on the band. The K7EAR
mega effort, DXCC card checker, neighbor and DX legend, Ron W6CZ,
working Andyâ??s new call, NY7N, and W0PAN were some of the ones that
come of the top of my head as of this writing. Either way, it was good
to hear and work so many in-state guys.

Conditions on 15 were â??goodâ??, but it seems 20 was a bit noisy and soft
I guess due to some solar activity? I did not even consider 10 and 40
proved to be in good shape late Saturday night local.

Got to visit former Outlaw and veracious 7QPâ??er Dan, K7IA, on Friday
for about an hour or so at his portable effort which was just a couple
miles from my cabin in the wilds of the Apache National Forest.
Amongst the elk and Ponderosa Pine, he has obviously done this before
and everything seemed to have plenty of forethought. He and his wife
Erin also stopped by my humble cabin for a short eyeball on Sunday
morning before packing out to the low-lands. Swapping stories and
thoughts on the QP which we completed just hours before were just some
topics of discussion. Although within 1st IF stage range of each other,
I only found and worked him once on 20.

Otherwise, no real exciting stories of power outages, thunderstorms,
snow, blown PAâ??s, failed cooling fans, etc.  The GenLog did not correctly
count multipliers (I think), but I got at least 67 -maybe more? For now,
I will go with 67. The N7LE group is second to none when rooting through
the logs, so I am confident that they will tell me my real score in a
very timely manner too I might addâ?¦ I wish all sponsors of contests of
this type would put just a quarter of the effort these guys do to make
this a fun and viable contest that it has become. CODXC should be
applauded for such efficiency. They will say itâ??s us (contestants) that
make the QP, but I believe itâ??s the good sponsorship that truly drives
this to success.