[3830] Volta RTTY NY2GB M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY NY2GB M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 09:20:35 -0700
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: NY2GB
Operator(s): NY2GB N2FF
Station: NY2GB

Class: M/S LP
QTH: NLI
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   0      0
   40:  10      8
   20:  14     13
   15:  73     40
   10:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  98     62  Total Score = 10,450,720

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Equipment problems caused a late start.  Our DXP38 kept going into standby until
we replaced the DB9 cable but the problem returned when we started up the
program again Sunday morning.  Conditions were not good. Fifteen meters seemed
to be the place to be. Luckily I checekd 10 meters Saturnday night and saw a
spot for the VK9 and was able to hear him.  He also heard me calling up about
3.

A bad cold led me to turn the effort over to N2FF until Sunday morning where we
found a run frequency. It was fun and I am still getting the hang of it as I got
my license only a year ago and have spent most of my time on RTTY at my
grandfather's station. I do enjoy seeing stations come back to NY2.... THANKS!