[3830] WPX CW K8BL SO(A)AB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8bl@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K8BL SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 18:05:36 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 13.6

------------
  160:    4
   80:   15
   40:   71
   20:  194
   15:   96
   10:   20
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

My typical thing to do in WPX is to have every Q be a new PFX. It's fun to
watch the score compound with every contact. And, having a rather boring Call
for WPX, I really have little chance of hitting a big score.

I've always been fascinated by numbers and the unique things about them. For
instance, if you add the digits of any number together and the result is
divisible by 3, then the original number is divisible by 3. Gee whiz!

So, I noticed a very interesting thing when I needed to stop contesting for
a while on Saturday afternoon. My plan was to stop around 200 Q's which I
ended up doing. When I looked at the clock, it was exactly 2:00 PM. Then, I
looked at my score and it was exactly 100,000 points!!! I had 200 Q's with
200 Mults and a score of 100,000! Since Q's count 6 or 4 or 3 or or 1 point
and they get worked randomly, I was amazed they came out to that exact score!
(Maybe I'm just easily amazed?? HI-HI)

Condx were mostly disappointing. I kept watching the WWV numbers and they
got worse and worse. Transequatorial paths were about the same as always, but
getting very deep into EU was mostly difficult with weak sigs and QSB. There
was a lot of aurora on northern EU sigs and on backscatter. I think the poor
condx kept activity down IMHO.