[3830] WPX CW NW3H SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nw3h@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NW3H SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 18:30:37 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  102
   20:  103
   15:   36
   10:    3
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Had fun this holiday weekend.  In the process of taking down my Cushcraft R-8
vertical and putting up a Mosley mini tribander.  This is the last contest with
the vertical.  This was the first contest with my dipole in its new location at
about 45 feet.  The legs need to go up higher and I need to make a few tweeks
but it seemed to play really well.  This was a 100% search and pounce, keyboard
driven effort.  My code skills are getting better as CW has been my dominant
mode in 2013.  I am hoping to move off the keyboard and keyer to a key soon but
still am light years away from running on code.  One thing about the R-8 is
since it was damaged during a wind storm last December it has played better on
CW especially on 20 meters than it ever did completely assembled.  Very odd!
The solar storm really hurt the effort because it closed out 15 meters for me
on Saturday afternoon.  I searched and made about 5 QSOs and then decided to
work on my yagi project some more.  I did beat my previous high for this
contest by 5K and total QSOs by 16 over 2012.  I will take it. Highlights of
the contest for me include working 5W1SA on 15 meters Friday night for an all
time new one and also on 20 meters Sunday morning around 1:30AM local time on
20 meters.  Also working a few ZL stations at the same times as 5W on both 15
and 20 meters. Worked YJ0PO on 20 meters Sunday afternoon as conditions picked
up for another all time new one as well as working HD8A on 4 bands.  Thanks to
all the DX and stateside for picking out my tiny signal.  73 de NW3H

Antenna: Cushcraft R-8 vertical
         80/40 meter dipole
Rig: IC-7600
Amp: Ameritron AL-811H