[3830] WPX CW YN2GY(K9GY) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW YN2GY(K9GY) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 19:58:54 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: YN2GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: YN2N

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Granada
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  438
   20:  835
   15:  665
   10:  454
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Always good to set a new YN record :-) Decided to do assisted since there was no
SOAB-LP(a) YN record instead of trying to beat my unassisted record. In the end
I would have beat it anyways, oops!

Tentative goal was 2k QSOs so glad to surpass that objective. Although I was
skunked by off times again. Some day I'll grow up to be a real corn-tester!

Lost power about two hours before the contest started. Used generator power for
the first 12 hours of operating (up to 1730z day 1). Almost felt like field day
with the lights flashing. Funny moment was when I noticed the kitchen lights
flashing to my CW!

Day2 figured out the reason there weren't many packet spots coming
across...it's called set/nofilter! Much better after that.

Great to see 20m open to EU after the EU sunrise (Day2). 15m was even open. A
good sign this cycle is finally coming around for us. Was caught off guard on
day one with only a four hour darkness overlap with EU at the beginning....a
little different than T6, hah!

Great to be back in WPX CW! I missed '11 since I was in transit to T6. In '12 I
was returning from R+R and had flight delays in Kuwait which caused me to miss
it.

Kudos to United Airlines for switching me to an earlier flight and having my
checked baggage follow me on the same flight. The Houston layover time
evaporated with delays at Chicago. Who said a little rain causes problems for
big jets?

Octavio's rental schedule is open for this summer/fall. Is being DX on your
bucket list? Kudos to Martha on the excellent food served! My XYL says Chicago
got cold after I left so I picked a good time to head south :-)

Next up... June VHF....CQ CONTEST!

Best of health to all,
Eric YN2GY / K9GY / T6MO

DAYTON!