[3830] WPX CW NE5LL(N1CC) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NE5LL(N1CC) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 21:37:35 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NE5LL
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: NE5LL

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:    8
   40:  210
   20:  429
   15:  145
   10:   33
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  FT-990 100W to Force 12 C3 @ 40', Alpha-Delta DX-LB inverted Veeapex 40'
and DX Enineering 43' Vertical with Tuner at the base.

Conditions with the solar events taking place were fair to good.  Lost 1.5
hours Friday night due to overhead Thunderstorm.  Lost 3 hours Saturday due to
A/C failure and overheated rig and operator as a result!  Still getting in
24-hours is the most time in recent years.

Was able to run on 40, 20 and 15 - and was spotted a total of five times.  Used
the RBN to watch my own CQ signal levels.  Noted that one of the skimmer
stations would show me on two different frequencies on 20M ... none of the
others did.  That skimmer, &quot;KA9SWE&quot;, would show my real frequency of
14038.7 and a second frequency of 14081.3 ... a difference of 41.2 kHz ... and
when I would change my transmit frequency it would show a similar second
image... I wonder how many folks tried to find me on the &quot;ghost&quot;
frequency?

Longest run was 40 Meters with 52 in a row in 30 minutes - until K7QQ banged
right on top of me calling CQ and ignoring my &quot;QQ pse QSY ORL&quot;.  K7QQ
must have had a guest operator, we have contested many years and he has never
poached my run... moved away and did another half hour before band dropped
out.. anoher 40 Qs.  My best hour of the contest.

Sunday was not as good for me for conditions, and 10 Meters just not up to par
from previous cycles ... could hear guys 100 miles south of me killing runs and
could not hear the guys they were working.  80 and 40 were very hard due to
atmospherics and the AMI BPL QRM (Installed around me 2 months ago - I opted
out of that silly system - but they pulse the power line polling the darn
things... when they do my 8 APC NS1500 UPS bank goes to battery seeing bad
stuff on the power line and beeps 4 times (yeah 32 loud beeps in all) before it
settles down - about every 2-hours.  The warbles and beeps on 80/40 are s9 +20
and no fun.

Next year maybe FCC will see the lights flashing and shut down AMI!  Worthess
adventure into our pocketbooks and privacy!

73, Jim N1CC