[3830] WPX CW N2WN SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N2WN SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 07:14:22 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Grainger Cty, TN
Operating Time (hrs): 13:41

------------
  160:    2
   80:    5
   40:  105
   20:  108
   15:  123
   10:   44
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This turned into a non-event for me pretty quickly near the start. Allergies
were acting up and I felt miserable the Friday night. WX was predicted to be
very nice for the weekend for the first time in a month or more, another
conspiracy to knock my butt out of the chair. My score is OK for the time
played, not great, but on the plus side I have just about finished the work on
the back deck I started back in March (only some trim left to do, yeah!).

Think this may have been the most challenging conditions I recall in a major
contest. The higher SF was the only propagation positive. The low bands were
noisy. 40 wasn't bad, but missed all of Saturday night. Worked more unusual US
due to the propagation, but fewer VEs. EU propagation was all over the place.
Fewer G, I and Eastern EU than normal. Many contacts were a real struggle to
complete. Think everyone I worked got my exchange this time around and I worked
hard to get everything right this year. We'll see if I improved. Congrats to all
the QRPers who toughed this one out and thanks to all for digging us out.

Remember the fallen.

72,
Julius
n2wn