[3830] WPX CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7zo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 11:12:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO
Station: NQ4I

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 35.75

------------
  160:
   80:   40
   40:  765
   20: 1042
   15:  864
   10:   60
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Unfortunately NQ4I had travel commitments this year and was unable to host the
normal M/M WPX submission from his excellent QTH.  This left open the
possibility of running a SOAB entry and a chance to do some evaluation from
each of the operating positions.  Operating SO2R from a M/M configuration has
some challenges but with some late minute wiring, I was able to have 20M and
40M paired up at one desk and 15M and 10M paired on another.  80M remained
separate and was not used until Saturday evening.

With the solar activity leading into the weekend, I used up most of the time
off on Saturday and hoped that conditions would improve as the contest wore on
and this proved to be the case.  Taking time off on Saturday mid morning was
not the way I had envisaged the weekend unfolding but was likely the best
decision.

WPX is a great contest and features some amazing rates.  A pleasure to hear and
work so many great ops around the world in this event.  Although conditions were
depressed on Saturday, there were still some terrific openings during the
weekend that added db's to the fun meter.

Look forward to being back in the normal saddle in Oct/Nov from the NQ4I 40M
chair.

vy 73, Jim VE7ZO