[3830] WPX CW 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 13:02:36 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 3V8BB
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8BB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Tunis
Operating Time (hrs): 30h30

------------
  160:   21
   80:  171
   40:  695
   20:  433
   15:  489
   10:  258
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I never imagined condx will be that bad although the begining of the contest was
promising with sustained pileups on 40 and 20. The first daylight hours revealed
the truth with a clearly noticed decline in propagation conditions... Quick
glance at Spaceweather.com gave more explanation: &quot;Earth's magnetic field
is still reverberating from a CME strike on May 24th. The glancing blow around
1800 UT sparked at least three episodes of polar geomagnetic storming (Kp=5) on
May 24-25&quot;...

Not only this, daylight revealed another truth; all the QSOs I made on 20 were
from the back of my antenna which, again, stuck beaming to south!
I was planning to make as much operating hours as I can in Day 1 so I can leave
back home (250km far) early on Sunday, but... God's plans were different!

I allowed myself to take breaks knowing that Day 2 can NEVER be worse! Indeed,
40m remained good, 80m was too noisy with low activity. The back of my 20m
antenna brought me few more QSOs.
15 and 10 were &quot;back to life&quot; but still disapointing!

All aside, the contest was a real joy... Thanks to all participants for the
lovely QSOS!!
Look forward to the next ones &quot;insh'Allah&quot;!

PS: Logs will be uploaded to LotW. QSL via LX1NO.

73

Ash, KF5EYY
President of Association des Radio Amateurs Tunisiens &quot;ARAT&quot;
www.kf5eyy.info