[3830] WPX CW VE5KS SOSB15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE5KS SOSB15 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 22:23:03 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE5KS
Operator(s): VE5KS
Station: VE5KS

Class: SOSB15 LP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  199
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Condx could not have been worse on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday was a much
better day. The last 6 hours of the contest 15 was open to everywhere but there
were very strong stations and very weak ones with lots of QSB. I worked just
about everything I could hear.
On Sunday when the band opened to Europe there were some strong signals but the
operators were sending so fast and with the arctic flutter it was almost
impossible to copy them, maybe if they slowed down a little bit I could have
worked a few more Europeans.
Most of my operating was S&amp;P because I could never get a run going, maybe 1
Q every 3-5 minutes, so it was better to S&amp;P.
It is easy to get a high score under perfect conditions so with the generally
poor conditions it definitely made it a greater challenge, there is always next
year. Even though my score sucked I still had fun (especially the last 6 hours)
and I can't wait for the next one. Hope to see everyone for the Canada Day
contest, our club will be using the VE5RAC callsign.

73's
John
VE5KS

Rig TS 140S