[3830] WPX CW KU2M SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fpyotr@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KU2M SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:08:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
  160:    4
   80:   81
   40:  423
   20:  641
   15:  376
   10:   58
------------

Club:

Comments:

As most of us know, psychotic HF conditions prevailed due to geomagnetic storms
Friday and Saturday. Absorption (A)index on Saturday morning was 20, and, as if
that wasn't enough fun, my transmission line suddenly developed a 30:1 SWR in
the middle of the traditional Saturday morning madness, which sent me out in
the rain to find the fault. Luckily, I didn't have to climb the tower, but it's
not the kind of &quot;break&quot; from contesting anyone needs. But the fun
wasn't over yet, since by Sunday morning the A index had climbed to 32.
&quot;Loud&quot; stations were S7, and &quot;huge&quot; stations that usually
hit 30 or 40 over were barely touching S9. With my pipsqueak 100w, there was no
EU running on 15, and ZERO east-west prop on 10M, which sounded like a
graveyard. All I can say is: thank Bog for 40 Meters! By late Sunday the HF
bands were in recovery, but by then it was all over except for the shouting,
part of yet another ham radio adventure. Well, my last contest before summer
QRT to correct Hurricane Sandy damage, and possibly my last in the TS overlay.
Rig: K3 + Drake/Sherwood R-4C; Antennas: 2 element homebrew quad for 10/15/20;
40M loop, 80M inverted Vee.