[3830] AlQP N4KG SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP N4KG SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 10:41:27 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Limestone Co. AL
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:    0      0
   80:   40      0
   40:  107      0
   20:  104     15
   15:   25     24
   10:   10      0
--------------------
Total:  286     39  CW Mults = 44  Ph Mults = 20  Total Score = 39,104

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

In spite of the Solar Disturbances, or maybe because of them, the Short Skip
openings on 20,15,10 Meters were Incredibly Good Saturday afternoon. I've never
worked so many Alabama Counties on 20M in the AQP before
(BALD,CHOC,ETOW,FRNK,HNRY,HOUS,LAUD,MDSN,MORG,WLKR). Also worked several
close-in states including GA,NC,TN,MS,AR,LA, and all or most of W3,8,9,0.

For some reason I was unable to get much going on 20M SSB (15 Q's vs 180 last
year - maybe I forgot to move the beam back to North from NW) but did get a
short run on 15M.  I picked up NE on 10M CW along with a few other close-in
contacts but there wasn't much activity there and I (foolishly) never checked
10M SSB, missing the Big Run of 150 Q's enjoyed by NV4B :-(

My best rates were on 40M CW, starting at 3/minute until it dried up at 52 Q's
in 30 minutes.  80M was noisy but most signals were fair to good, just not a
lot of activity.

I took LOTS of breaks due to nearby Lightning strikes and to work on my broken
lawnmower before the storms moved in.

Tom N4KG in Limestone County ALA