[3830] AlQP K4TD SOCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rnwalker@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP K4TD SOCW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 07:51:15 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: MDSN
Operating Time (hrs): 5.0

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   23     0
   20:  169     0
   15:   65     0
   10:   19     0
--------------------
Total:  276     0  CW Mults = 50  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 27,600

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks for all the Q's. I wanted to get on the air and at least hand out
a few MDSN CW Q's for this one.  (Yeah, I know MDSN is the least rare county in
the state)...  Actually, I was amazed at the number of participants around for
the start of this.  I had several minutes at the beginning where I was working
5 Q's/min (300 Q/hour rate).  That's as good as any DX contest I operate from
here.  Others have mentioned the lousey RF conditions so no need to beat that
dead horse.  The WX here was also a factor in my limited operating time.  After
the third time I had to shut down for lightning, I just decided to stay off the
air.  (With my own eyes, I've seen my tower get hit 23 times, so I didn't
figure I'd risk being on with lightning popping around me).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that 15 and 10 were open to somewhere most
of the time I was on...  Unfortunately, not many came up that far looking for a
Q.  N8II asked me to move to 15 and 10 after he worked me on 20.  His signal was
great on all three bands.  I only operated a short time on 40 and never even got
to 80 as I had gone QRT well before time to try that band.  Here is a breakdown
of my top multi-band contacts:

4 Bands:  N8II NT2A W0BH
3 Bands:  K1DC K8BZ KQ3F KY4F NW2K VE3KZ W0GXQ WQ5L YV5OIE
2 Bands:  AA4FU K0RC K0TEX K5WAF K9OZ KB1CL KG4CUY KI0I KO1U KR4F KU8E KV8Q
          KY7M N0QP N1API N1NN N2MM N4BP N4JF N4VV N8KIE N9QS OM2VL VA3ATT
          VE1OP VE3MGY VE5KS W0EAR W0ZP W2RR W3MS W4EE W5FIT W9MSE W9OL WA8PGE
          WB8JUI

I only remember working one mobile (N4ZZ while in LIME), but it appears that
the mobiles did a great job putting counties on the air.  Congratulations to
all the winners!!

73,

Rick
K4TD