[3830] ARRL June VHF K7ZO Limited Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7ZO Limited Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 20:37:56 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  54     30  Total Score = 1,620

Club:

Comments:

I used all legal means available to monitor band openings so I didn't have to
sit at the radio listening to White Noise more than I had to. I was just
interested in making some QSOs. I believe I caught the three major openings
from this part of the country -- southwest Idaho. All QSOs were SSB running
100W from an old FT-100 into a 3 element beam.

On Saturday night we had our best opening of the contest down into the
Phoenix/Tucson area. The opening was very focused but lasted for 90 minutes or
so and luckily there are a lot of hams down there to work and I made about 60%
of my QSOs in this opening. The highlight of the opening was finally catching
XE2S after hearing his beacon for several hours.

On Sunday morning we had an opening into the eastern Nebraska/Kansas area that
was good for several QSOs over a 30 minute span. Towards the end of that
opening there as a brief 5 minute period of likely double hop in northern
Georgia that made for my best QSOs of the contest.

Later Sunday was an opening to the north and I caught a few VE6s. WL7N was also
coming in and rose above the noise quite nicely from time to time but I could
never catch his attention.

This likely will go down an another VHF contest that &quot;Could have
been&quot;. Great conditions in the week leading up to the contest at least in
the midwest and east, not necessarily out my way. So overall disappointing for
most of the US, but better than it has been for me in Idaho.

Thanks for the QSOs. Log will be uploaded to LOTW soon.

Scott/K7ZO