[3830] FW: ARRL June VHF VE3WCC Multi Op HP

To: "3830@contesting.com" <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] FW: ARRL June VHF VE3WCC Multi Op HP
From: Alphonse Penney <vo1no@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 03:29:44 +0000

Call: VE3WCC

Operator(s): VO1NO, VE3XRA, VA3FMN, VE3MMQ, VO1AU, VE3KI, VE3BVV, VA3EXS,
VE3CMS, VA3OMP, VE2ZAZ, VE3ARL, Kristin, Darla, Stephanie

Station: VE3WCC

Class: Multi-Op HP

QTH: FN04xa

Operating Time (hrs): 33

 Band  QSOs  Mults

-------------------

    6: 258/66

    2: 184/40

  222: 59/26

  432: 62/23

  903: 16/8

  1.2: 14/6

  2.3: 39/4

  3.4:

  5.7: 23/2

  10G: 8/3

  24G: 4/3
Laser: 10/2

-------------------

Total: 677 QSOs, 183 multipliers  Total Score = 203,130

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:  Sixth year in a row that the West Carleton Amateur Radio Club has
operated "Field Day" style from Loughlin Farm in FN04xa.  On arrival Friday we
were saddened to learn of the passing of owner Tom Loughlin on Wednesday.
Because of the requirements for a memorial service, it was necessary for us to
relocate our station.  Nevertheless, we were set up and ready to go before the
start of the contest.

Although propagation on 6M was poor most of the weekend, a full kilowatt helped
us to be heard.  Eight hundred watts on 2M and bricks on most other bands did
quite well.  Significant investments in microwave and laser equipment by club
members in the past several years enabled us to take advantage of visits by
rovers.

Many thanks to the late Tom Loughlin for his support to Amateur Radio for many
years now.  Following his memorial service, at which Reverend Allan McQuarrie
VA3FMN played a part, the family assured us that Amateur Radio operators will
always be welcome at FN04xa.