[3830] ARRL FD N8KD 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N8KD 1B LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:14:30 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  952     89      0  Total Score = 3,586

Club:

Comments:

IC 735; FT450
G5RV at 35 feet; full size 40M vertical w/8 gnd radials

40M was our money band with over 70% of our contacts. The G5RV and the vert
were surprisingly matched, as we never noticed much difference switching
between them.

The QRN level was high on 80, but we stuck with it, and as the night went on it
lowered just enough to be able to work stations out west.

The WX forecasted 50% chance of thundershowers, but all we ever got was a light
overcast. Just 50 miles to the south it rained all day and they got 2 inches
worth.

After a number of years of around 900 QSO's finally got over the hump and made
1041.

Had a great weekend, already working on ideas for 2014