[3830] IARU K7IA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K7IA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 04:13:10 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 13:38

  160:
   80:   35             6       4
   40:  208            16      15
   20:  352            25      27
   15:   73            10      17
   10:    7             4       2
-------------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Lots of action and good fun despite QSB and heavy QRN on the lower three bands,
presumably due to  T-storm activity in Western US.  New Mexico's monsoon season
began 7-10 days ago, and although it contributed heavily to the QRN, it put our
Silver Wildfire all but out (it began by a hot lightning stroke five miles from
our QTH a month ago).

High points:

Swapping greetings with old friends, including Classmate, Scott, busy at the
key of NU1AW/3;

Discovering that one can indeed change &quot;temporary &quot; breadslicer shunt
capacitors on shunt fed 80 and 160m towers with proper vacuum variables one and
two days before contest time and have them actually work!  Well, the jury is
still out for 160m--nothing but QRN heard on that band;

Receiving V51YJ's response to my CQ on 40m.  His signal was barely above the
local noise, and he very patiently honored my many requests for repeats until
he made the QSO happen.  Thanks Andy!  Long live the DX Code of Conduct!

Many thanks also to those who began a contest exchange in noisy conditions and
didn't abandon it until either the QSO was in the logs or one of us said
&quot;SRI.&quot;

73, dan