[3830] IARU N2GA SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ga@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N2GA SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:31:29 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N2GA
Operator(s): N2GA
Station: N2GA

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:    8             2       3
   80:   46             5      15
   40:   88             9      18
   20:  415            20      29
   15:  131            16      26
   10:   30             5       3
-------------------------------------

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

This was my first contest at my home QTH since Superstorm Sandy hit on October
29, 2012. The entire first floor of my home was under 3 1/2 feet of water
during the flooding and had to be rebuilt.  We're almost done with the
rebuilding process but it took a tremendous effort.  The station was set up on
a temporary basis just for the IARU contest until the radio room is completed
later this year. Hopefully this is the first of many contests to come from home
again!

I'd like to thank K2DO, KA2D, N2MUN and WB2OQQ for help rebuilding the antenna
and station in the week prior to the contest. Without their assistance I would
not have been able to operate.

Antennas: 10/15/20 - Force 12 C3S @ 45 feet
40 - rotatable dipole @ 45 feet
80/160 - Alpha Delta sloper with top @ 30 feet sloping down to 8 feet.

I only spent 13 hours on the air as I had to work in our motorcycle training
business on Sunday morning. Conditions were poor at the start but got
progressively better as the day went on.  I had a nice run on 20m CW Saturday
afternoon local time.

Thank you to all the fine operators and headquarters stations that participate
in this contest.  Your operating skill was very apparent on the bands!

73 and CU in the next TEST!

George N2GA