[3830] IARU DM0B/WRTC M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] IARU DM0B/WRTC M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 02:07:21 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: DM0B/WRTC
Operator(s): DK9IP DK6XZ
Station: DM0B

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Rastatt JN48cu
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     0     0      0        0
   80:   121    35     29       32
   40:   330    72     43       47
   20:   738   248     73       47
   15:   390   102     57       42
   10:   102    65     36       33
-------------------------------------
Total:  1681   522    238      192  Total Score = 2,740,390

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

WRTC station and rules simulation, from EU: Two Operator - Two Radio, 100 W, no
cluster and no call data bank used. 2 x K3 (100W), 2 x W3NQN filters, 80m loop
@15m, 40m dipole @12m, 2 x tribanders (KT34/OB16-3).

The scoreboard shows DXCC instead of ITU zone multipliers. Win-Test WRTC2010
software reconizes (Moscow) zone 29 (2 points) as our own, despite 28 (3
points) for QSO points. We however worked almost equal numer of QSO's with both
zones: 597 (29) vs. 587 (28) - no real impact onto final WRTC score. This was a
test operation dedicated to the sport &amp; fun. Our records will be sent as a
checklog to the sponsors.

Yes, we enjoyed it very much! Not an easy task to make 2203 QSO's with LP -
that's why 2/3 in CW. Only a few dozen of stations were not hearing us, but the
hardest job was to get through to some US stations on 40. On 80 we did not try
it that much. Even a relatively slow contest and modest propagation conditions,
we did have enough to do, always moving for somthing higher rate. In the first
12 hours Win and I accomplished over 1350 QSO's. Worsiest hour was 02z with
some 25 Q's, versus the best one, last hour, with 162 Q's. We were ending up in
an &quot;explosion&quot; on 15m with 10min-rate-hour peaking &gt;250 Q/h and on
a good, always fruitful (~1000 Q), 20m band.

A unique experience and a very good training - &quot;old school&quot; approach
to contesting is very fascinating and demanding, a stuff we know only from IARU
Fielday Contests. Oh yes, we had some barbique &amp; beers on both days, being
supported by two other OM of the Daimler Sportgemeinschaft - SG Stern Rastatt.
Thank you all for participating in the game(s)!

73 Suad DK6XZ &amp; Win DK9IP

We worked following WRTC stations:

AA3K 20
AD1T 20 40