[3830] IARU OM7RU SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU OM7RU SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:35:26 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    37    10      5       19
   80:   166    54      8       26
   40:   239   117     22       26
   20:   401   153     28       34
   15:   119    86     20       24
   10:   104    43      8       22
-------------------------------------
Total:  1066   463     91      151  Total Score = 1,040,842

Club:

Comments:

I wanted to &quot;feel&quot; this contest, I had never run IARU as SO. I decided
to spent as long time in pileup as it will possible, no care about number of
mults.

Contest started with &quot;only EU&quot; conditions, there was only few JAs and
NA STNs. 10m and 15m slept, so 20m was major band. I tried to rotate to various
directions, but the only one the best was directly to north. Here I was
surprised with JAs, NAs, EUs and, of course, Alaska stations. All through the
North!

Different conditions also on 40m and 80m. Only few DXs, but high amount of EUs,
enough for nice pileups the whole night. Most productive hours were during the
night.... Especially 40m was nice gift after high bands disappointment.

Fortunately Sunday morning starts with 10m opening, unfortunately only to zone
29, so thanks to zone 29 guys for high activity, hi. All high bands were better
than on Saturday.

During the contest I didn't care of mults. At the end of the contest I saw,
that I'm able to beat 1 milion, so at the end of the contest I found a lot of
missing HQs. After beating of 1 milion I was rewarded with nice 15m SSB pileup
during last 30 minutes of the contest.

I found one major problem of my &quot;QRM less&quot; rural QTH - suspiciously
often S8 QRM from direction of 310 degrees. I have to take accumulator, IC-706
MKII and antenna and walk around to find the source, probably high-voltage line
fault...

Thanks to all participant!

 Used equipments:
Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
WinTest

 Antennas:
160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
40m:  InvVee @21m
20, 15, 10m: Cushcraft A4S 3 el. tribander @31m

73!