[3830] CQWW VHF VE7XF SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE7XF SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:40:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: CN89
Operating Time (hrs): 14

    6:  306    80
    2:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  306    80  Total Score = 24,480

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Wow - talk about going out with a bang!
6m's last gasp produced the best score I've had in years.

The DN (2), EN (1) and FN (none) grids were sadly lacking, but lots in DM and a
few in EM (14). The highlights were four JA grids, two KL grids, and a
controversial QSO with KN78.

Unfortunately, the power company has found a new way to annoy me, with a new
intermittent S-7 noise to the ESE, directly between me and the center of the
continent. Maybe it IS time to move, as soon as I can get rid of all the
boatanchors in my basement.

The slightly longer Yagi (7 el) is waiting to go up, as soon as I feel up to
climbing the tower and replacing the existing 6 el (I'll be 75 next month, and
it's getting harder). This year's 6m season is probably over anyway, but the
lawn mowing guy is getting tired of dodging the elements in the back yard.

Ralph, VE7XF

K3, P3, SB-220, 6el, N1MM