[3830] NAQP RTTY AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, AA4LR@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 03:18:39 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.3

   80:   17    13
   40:   83    30
   20:   47    24
   15:   34    15
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  183    84  Total Score = 15,372

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40m Trap Dipole at 10m high
160/80m Trap inverted L 15m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 w/ KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

Church Campmeeting activities took a big chunk out of my operating time, right
around prime time in the early evening. Even so, it was good to get on the air
and hand out a few contacts.

Virtually nothing doing on 10m. When 10m isn't open at the start, I generally
judge conditions to be pretty bad. 15m had a bit of activity -- I focused more
on the stronger stations during S &amp; P and tried to avoid calling the weak
ones. I find this pattern leads to less wasted time calling and frustration.
20m was busy, but not as busy as I've heard it before.

As expected, 40m was the money band, although I hit it a bit late. I didn't
stay up after 0350z, so I missed the last two hours. 80m never showed much
activity, which is odd because it seemed to be open, if a bit noisy.

My two antennas worked out OK. I seem to have plenty of versatility on 80 and
40m, and the inverted L seems to work OK on 20m. Still need better antenna
solutions for 20 and 15m.

I must say, the K3 is a JOY to use on RTTY. I had a smile on my face many times
as I twisted a knob or punched a button and completed a contact that would have
been lost on the old K2.