[3830] USCntyQP K5ZZR MobileSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] USCntyQP K5ZZR MobileSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:25:48 +0000
                    US Counties QSO Party

Call: K5ZZR
Operator(s): K5ZZR
Station: K5ZZR

Class: MobileSSB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
   80:   0
   40:   1
   20:  22
   15:  10
   10:   0
------------
Total:  33  Counties = 23  Total Score = 2,553

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Slightly cooler temps made stopping to operate more pleasant than anticipated
on Saturday but still ran the AC a lot.  Sunday was warmer and only tried an
hour before giving up after only one qso and heading home because of poor
conditions.  It wasn't a good day for SSB and 100W.  Rig is 20 year old Yaesu
FT-890/AT with a Tarheel 200HP.  Had 9 DX QSO's thanks to the IOTA contest.
Activated 6 counties in Oklahoma mostly near I-40 in the eastern part of the
state so I could end up near home.  It was my first MARAC US Counties contest
and plan to do it again next year.  Probably will not do Kansas QP because last
time I looked there wasn't a seperate catagory for SSB Mobile LP Unassisted.
Looking forward to the Texas QP in September and may consider Colorado and
Arkansas.  73's and thanks for the Q's......