[3830] NAQP CW K5WA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5WA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 05:52:12 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   42    18
   80:   89    31
   40:  311    49
   20:  368    54
   15:  240    41
   10:   17     8
-------------------
Total: 1067   201  Total Score = 214,467

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFWCG Pacemakers

Comments:

I sure wish the entire contest had been on 20, it was great!  40/80/160 were so
noisy I really shouldn't have stayed there so long but was hoping to find some
mults...not much luck.

I watched the YouTube video of N6MJ (I think it was) doing SO2R with 2
keyboards and know for sure that I'll never be able to do that so I tweaked
N1MM to try and emulate what I think is going on.  My score is about the same
as usual but it felt good (at times) doing the duel CQ thing.  When the rythm
is working, it wasn't too bad but if something got out of sync...whoa baby.
What a mess it was.  In those messes, I'm sure several guys just gave up or
took the freq.  ;-)  Why couldn't I have started this 20 years ago?

Thanks to so many guys who tried to QSY for me.  I really appreciate it even if
we didn't manage to make the Q.  I think some guys didn't realize I was actually
running on two frequencies when I asked them to QSY but kept CQ'ing in the same
spot.  I can hear the thought...&quot;that guy wants me to QSY and he's staying
right there!  To heck with him!&quot;

Still lots of fun especially since my XYL was out of town visiting family in
Denver so I didn't feel guilty about leaving the family for radio.  ;-)

73,
Bob K5WA