[3830] NAQP CW W6NF/VE4 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W6NF/VE4 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 11:36:22 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W6NF/VE4
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: W6NF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oakbank, MB
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    3     2
   20:  121    38
   15:   38    12
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  163    53  Total Score = 8,639

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #6

Comments:

Not bad for a Slinky dipole on a 3rd floor apartment balcony and 25 watts output
power to avoid local RFI. I did find a 12-foot long antenna did not work well on
40. Kudos to K0HB, K0AD and WI9WI for actually pulling me out of the noise on
40! 20 was very good and in the middle of the contest, when I'd worked
everything I could S&amp;P, I actually put together a couple of small runs. I
tried calling CQ late on 20 and, although there were many good signals on the
band, I was presented with 4 Qs in 15 minutes, one of them a dupe. I went back
to slightly more productive S&amp;P. Finally, at 0300UTC I called it quits.

One disappointing thing was 10-meters. K4TD moved me from 20 to 15 to 10 at
2114UTC and, although the signals were not great, he was worked easily on 10.
Not a single other signal was heard on 10 the few times I went there and tuned
around.

There was a bunch of VE3 activity and I know there were two other VE4s on but I
don't think either were on for long. Little other VE activity heard...a couple
of VE7s, one VE6 and VE9HF but I couldn't break the pile to work him. KP2 and
XE were worked with LA and F my two DX Qs.