[3830] NAQP CW KE3X(@N4RV) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenke3x@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KE3X(@N4RV) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 19:10:52 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oakton, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   59    22
   80:  170    38
   40:  293    45
   20:  185    40
   15:  128    33
   10:    7     6
-------------------
Total:  842   184  Total Score = 154,928

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC 1

Comments:

Many thanks to Jack, N4RV for the use of his excellent station.  40M delivered
as usual.

For the first two hours I kept thinking &quot;Gee, 10-Meters is really dead
this year, despite 15 being in fairly good shape - the MUF must be right at
27,999,999&quot;.

Then in the 3rd hour I finally figured out why:  the coax had been completely
disconnected from the 10-Meter stack (lightning protection in summer).  Did not
even notice it before the contest, since I had attributed the lack of activity
on 10 to normal summer doldrums.  That probably cost 8-10 mults - oops.

Heard WY but could not catch him.   Never heard RI, VT or NE and as usual
missed a bunch of VE's.   Looking forward to the Sprint - 73!

Ken KE3X