[3830] NAQP CW N8SS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KZ8E@wt.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8SS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 13:27:24 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N8SS
Operator(s): N8SS
Station: N8SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  110    34
   40:  208    37
   20:  141    38
   15:  123    25
   10:   23    11
-------------------
Total:  605   145  Total Score = 87,725

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC/NCC Tigers

Comments:

My first contest in two years!  Can't believe it has been that long.

I managed to repair the coax runs Saturday morning that my neighbor
accidently mowed over while watching the QTH during my absence.
Restrung the low 40M dipole and discovered that 10M on the high
tribander is messed up.

The 2nd radio was fried so I replaced it.  The rotor wouldn't turn so
the 40M and High yagi are fixed at NE and SE for the time being.

I got into the shack and couldn't get the computer to control anything,
it looks like all the serial ports are shot so I ended up keying the
whole contest manually (ugh).  I also was doing SO2R manually having to
flip two switches and manually change the band on the logging program
each time I jumped back and forth for a quick qso (ugh).  I really miss
automation.

No 160 because I am not even sure where the feed is for whats left of
that antenna.  So I operated the first 10 hours and didn't worry about
leaving some time for 160M.

>From the amount of stuff broken it looks like I took a lightning hit or
power surge while I was gone.  Oh well, will get it all fixed up sooner
or later.