[3830] WAE CW W4IX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jrcccd@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W4IX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 00:25:05 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:   12     0     5
   40:  169    62    33
   20:  637   686    47
   15:  541   610    41
   10:   14    10     6
-------------------------
Total: 1373  1368   307  Total Score = 841,180

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I was working in Charlotte, NC on Friday, did not walk in the door until just
after 8:00 PM after the contest started. Unloaded my vehicle, went to the tower
and pulled in the feed for the tribander and 40 meter sloper and rotor. Fired
the rig up after taking care of the XYL and went to town. 20 was great again
from here and I forgot to go to 40 until about 0600, and it was dead and
noisy...1 qso on 40 the first night. Went to sleep for awhile and when I
returned, bands sounded great from here. Worked a little 20 then went to 15 and
ran for awhile. Checked on 10 meters now and then but only heard a few weak big
guns skew path to SA..Finally went to 40 meters and ran for awhile, not too bad
for a simple sloper and about 500 watts. Went out and pulled my 80 meter Inv. L
into the shack and worked a few guys on 80...Ran 40 dry and then went back to
20 meters until around 4 AM when I pulled the plug for the night. has some
errands to do on Sunday so I was not fully dedicated to a full effort but it
was hard to get up out of the seat!!! Got back at 1400Z and ran 15 until late
in the day..took more time off after that, then went down to finish the contest
on 20 meters....Thanks to everyone for the Q's..I had a blast and this was my
best WAE ever...even though I had to send all 1368 QTC's manually!!Whew...73s