[3830] WAE CW K5KG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georgek5kg@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K5KG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 00:42:19 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 32:18

   80:   20     0    11
   40:  369   321    43
   20:  629   656    48
   15:  527   566    46
   10:    1     0     1
-------------------------
Total: 1546  1543   363  Total Score = 1,120,944

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

It has been a few years since I worked the WAE, and this one was a blast.  This
was my first time to use WinTest for the WAE, and it handled the QTCs
beautifully.

I had hoped to put in a full 36 hours, but there were some slow periods when I
took off extra time due to marginal condx.  Typical Florida thunderstorms took
a toll on the low bands.  40 and 80 were splattered with QRN, although there
were a few times when 40 became clear, probably because a storm somewhere let
up.  10m never did open, althought I did manage to work IT9/KA1R which was a
surprise.  Other the the usual LUs and PYs, he was the only DX I heard on 10
all weekend.

The final few hours became a chase between 20 and 15 to catch any new packe
spots.  With the exception of a few signals, 40 was dead until about the final
hour when it came alive.

The QTCs really make this contest. They bring back the memories of working
those CW traffic nets from years ago.  It seemed like early in the contest,
there was not so much attention on the QTC, but as the contest wore on, they
beccme more of a focus as the EU stations went on a hunt to complete their
10-counts.  And in the last hour, there was certainly pressure to keep dumping
the QTCs so you would not get caught with a bunch of unsent ones the log. What
a hoot!

73, George, K5KG