[3830] IARU WD4K M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brad.wf7t@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WD4K M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:31:47 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WD4K
Operator(s): WD4K WF7T
Station: WD4K

Class: M/S HP
QTH: TN (8)
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:     0     0      0        0
   80:   109    10     12       11
   40:   347   161     25       28
   20:   316   140     23       33
   15:   241    60     15       25
   10:    51     0      6        4
-------------------------------------
Total:  1064   371     81      101  Total Score = 599,690

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Had a great time trying M/S HP with Tommy WD4K. Julie and Tommy were wonderful
hosts at their nice home near Nashville. It is a real joy to work international
contests from such a fantastic station.

I (Brad) felt like I wasn't really able to do justice to this great antenna
system. I was rusty. I haven't been at a radio since February because of work
and family priorities. That said, once the cobwebs were knocked off we were
able to make a little noise. Fun was the goal, and the goal was met.

The conditions were OK overall, not great, with local device and thunderstorm
QRN hampering efforts occasionally. Our apologies to anyone who we did not
complete a QSO with due to sporadic +10 over noise. It only happened a few
times, frustrating as it was, but it could have been worse.

Asia was difficult and sparse here Saturday evening. We were waiting for a
stronger opening at EU sunrise Sunday morning on 20M but it didn't really
materialize. We will study our off-time selection and solar conditions to see
if we could have done anything more. With that stated, 40M to EU was absolutely
fantastic and loud.

>From our experience we only encountered great operators. Thanks so much each
and every one of you for the Qs...You were responsible for much fun had on this
side of the headphones.

73, Tommy WD4K and Brad WF7T

----

Yaesu FT1000MP Mk V./Alpha 91B@1500W
80M: F12 Sigma 180 Rotatable Dipole at 127'
40M: F12 340N 3el Yagi@100' to EU, Vertical, Dipole
20/15/10: 3 stack of F12 C31XR Yagis, 110/75/35'
N1MM and Winkeyer USB