[3830] NAQP SSB VE5KS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE5KS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 05:45:02 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: VE5KS
Operator(s): VE5KS
Station: VE5KS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   18    13
   40:   22    14
   20:  275    52
   15:   17    13
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  332    92  Total Score = 30,544

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Conditions were up and down, I would just start getting a good run going and
then the band would drop out. My best rate was 126/hr.
Before the contest started 15 mtrs was dead, but lo and behold I did end up
making 17 qso's on that band.
20 was the best band by far. I think next year I will get a better 40 mtr
antenna. I was using my 80 mtr inverted vee for 40 so it was not the best to
use, but you use what you have available.
I had S9 noise on 80 mtrs so all the stations I worked were stronger than S9.
The highlight of the contest was when VY0CF and VE8GER called me, thanks guys
for the rare ones.
Thanks to everyone for the Q's and looking forward to the next contest.

73
John VE5KS

Rig: Kenwood TS140S
Ant: Cushcraft A3S @ 40 ft and 80 mtr Inverted Vee.