[3830] NAQP SSB KK6ZM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KK6ZM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 06:25:47 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KK6ZM
Operator(s): KK6ZM
Station: KK6ZM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:   47    18
   40:  158    40
   20:  438    56
   15:   55    20
   10:
-------------------
Total:  698   134  Total Score = 93,532

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This was my 1st contest from my new QTH.  I had a blast.  I use ONE wire antenna
that can be used on 40m, 80m and 160m with various tuning/switching at the base.
 Antenna is a half square on 40m, 2 element top loaded vertical array on 80m fed
in-phase and an Inverted L on 160m.  In the 80m 2 element top loaded
configuration, this antenna performed great on 20m with a tuner.  I thought
that I was using a yagi.  I definitely had gain.  40m performed well but I had
white noise for the 1st hour...run rate over 100 though.  Best hour 132 on 20m.
 I used the 40m half square configuration on 15m with a tuner and it seemed to
work ok.  75m was fantastic...not enough ops...FL, TN, etc... no problem.  40m
had the most noise for me.  15m not fully open and erratic.

Patrick
KK6ZM