[3830] NAQP SSB N5AW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N5AW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:30:11 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

  160:   30    20
   80:   73    31
   40:   25    22
   20:   31    31
   15:   62    26
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  222   131  Total Score = 29,082

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Poor conditions on 10 and 15 but for Texas in August 80 and 160 were relatively
quiet. A number of years ago I set out to confirm WAS with LOTW on 160 through
6 meters (except the WARC bands). Having accomplished that I next set about
trying to confirm WAS on each band on each of the three primary modes. I have
done that on CW for all bands except 6 meters where I only need Vermont. Phone
has proven to be much tougher though because of the low rate of LOTW usage
among phone operators. I have completed 20 meters but need all the other bands.
The main reason I worked NAQP this weekend was to look for my missing states. I
did not hear any needed ones on 15 and 40. However, on 160 and 80 I  was
pleased to work 7 of the ten I need. Unfortunately after the contest I found
that the stations I worked in four of those states do not use LOTW. Several are
pretty active contesters. I even worked three stations in one of the needed
states and not one uses LOTW. Nearly all contesters use computer logging these
days and once you have LOTW set up with the new TQSL software it only takes a
few mouse clicks to upload your contest log. If it can make someone else happy
why not do it? By the way, thanks to N6AB and K7RL who both confirmed WA on 80
for me and to N8NA who regularly uploads his logs and I am sure will confirm DE
on 80 and 160.