[3830] SARTG WQ6X SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] SARTG WQ6X SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 05:02:23 +0000
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: WQ6X

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Brentwood, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:   0     0     0
   40:   0     0     0
   20:  24   165    17
   15:  16   125    14
   10:   0     0     0
------------------------
Total:  40   290    31  Total Score = 8,990

Club:

Comments:

This is another WQ6X portable operation from the QTH of N6GEO in Brentwood,Ca.
and my 1st attempt at SARTG.  I was running the Flex-1500 into an Ameritron
ALS-500m (producing 95 watts) for SARTG while at the same time running the NAQP
SSB contest using an ICOM-7000.  Antenna was a ground mounted Hustler 6-BTV
vertical loaded with radials which even tuned on 160 for one QSO in the NAQP.
The Solar Flux jumped mid contest from 123 to 149 and then back to 129.
While the Solar noise on 40-M was HORRIBLE on the 2nd evening, it didn't matter
because there were NO SARTG signals heard on 80-m & 40-m.  How come I was
the only one calling CQ SARTG on 80/40? 10-meters was dead all day and
15-meters didn't really open until about 22:00z.
Overall I enjoyed the contest and hope that next year people will activate 80
& 40 as well.