[3830] SARTG AB1J SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG AB1J SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:48:56 +0000
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:30

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   88   980    32
   20:  132  1640    44
   15:   89  1215    38
   10:    3    45     2
-------------------------
Total:  312  3880   116  Total Score = 450,080

Club:

Comments:

I really enjoyed this contest although conditions weren't too good,
especially on Saturday. The segmented format is relaxing and fits nicely
with EDT at my QTH. I didn't operate after midnight or before 5:30am and
still met my QSO goal.

I tweaked my computer display a bit by grouping all my tuning windows
together: bandmap, MMTTY oscilloscope, spectrum display and SCP.
Unfortunately, I had to move the log window to the second monitor. Now
I have to form new screen habits and they need to be well established
before the CQ WW RTTY in September. Fortunately, there are a couple
more RTTY contests (SCC and Russian) to practice in.

I also changed the log and telnet window fonts to 9pt Tahoma which made
them nicer looking and much easier to read.

I tried to take advantage of the new spot quality feature to weed out
busted (B) and unverified (?) spots, but wasn't able to get it right.
Need to review the command syntax in the AR-Cluster manual.

I paid close attention to the incoming spots and noticed that with
CQ zone 5 filtering all my RTTY skimmer spots, including me on the RBN,
were coming from WZ7I in PA.  I wish he was either closer so I could
hear more exactly what he hears, or that he was farther away so he
could spot me more often on the higher bands (20-10 mostly skips
over him now).

I just noticed that every paragraph, even this one, starts with "I",
so
enough about me. Let's talk about you. Thanks for all the QSOs and your
3830 posts.

Station is the usual suspects:
FT-2000/N1MM/MMVARI/MMTTY/2Tone/Win8
Indoor and outdoor stealth antennas.