[3830] OhQP WB8JUI/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8jui@juno.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP WB8JUI/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:28:15 +0000
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: WB8JUI/R
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Rover LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 5.0

   80:   77
   40:  110
   20:   30
   15:    1
   10:    2
--------------------
Total:  220     0  CW Mults = 61  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 26,840

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I did the loop again this year, hitting the four counties of my hometown of
Bellevue (Erie, Huron, Sandusky, and my home county of Seneca).  Put a total of
about 20 miles on the family truckster, making two passes, skipping HURO the
second time through as KE8M seemed to have things well covered from there.

I have scoped out a few decent, somewhat secluded spots in each county with
tall trees for wires.

Only had one "SSB" request, that coming from K1LT on 80, but didn't
connect.  By the time I found and untangled the mic and then fumbled around
QSYing, Vic had probably given up on me.

I periodically checked 10 and 15.  Found KE8M on 10 at 0011Z (and again at
0015Z on 15), and then K8ND (also on 10).

As others have mentioned, activity seemed to be off this year.  Probably a
combination of beautiful 80+ degree weather for a change in Ohio, punk
conditions, and a few other contests siphoning off activity.

Thanks to all for your participation!

73 - Rick WB8JUI/R (SENE, ERIE, SAND, HURO)