[3830] HiQP WH7DX SO Dig HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wh7dx@hawaii.rr.com
Subject: [3830] HiQP WH7DX SO Dig HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 04:19:43 +0000
                    Hawaii QSO Party

Call: WH7DX
Operator(s): WH7DX
Station: WH7DX

Class: SO Dig HP
QTH: HON
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:                   0                 0
   80:                   2                 0
   40:                   2                 0
   20:                  74                25
   15:                  18
   10:                   0
Total:   0      0       96        0       25  Total Score = 15,600

Club:

Comments:

This was my first Hawaii QSO Party.  I decided I'd give RTTY a try and work some
Hawaii SSB on the side.  This was a tough RTTY contest.  Having the SCC RTTY for
the first day was difficult and confusing for many for obvious reasons.  I
switched over to SCC after sunset Saturday night to catch the last leg of that
contest. I got back on the air Sunday afternoon for the last part of HQP and
had the most fun during our greyline.  I was getting slammed for almost an hour
with some great W locations like NY, RI, SC, TN, MS, WV.   That made the whole
contest for me.  I was feeling a little down about the poor mainland reception
I was getting because of the mountain blocking my N/E path.  I can get out for
some decent DX, but that put a smile on my face.  I also enjoyed the mellow
contesting mode and all the Aloha's and working with K6GHA for my first 80M
RTTY and N7NM for the 4 Bands.   Thank you for working me on RTTY and sorry for
those I couldn't quite pickup.