[3830] ArQP KI0I/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ArQP KI0I/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 19:14:15 +0000
                    Arkansas QSO Party

Call: KI0I/R
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 5:21

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  553     26      0  Mults = 47  Total Score = 53,110

Club:

Comments:

Band  Mode  QSOs    Pts  Mul
     7  CW     274     548   18
     7  LSB     20      20    4
    14  CW     273     544   25
    14  USB      4      4    0
    21  CW       6      12    0
    21  USB      2      2    0
 Total  Both   579    1130   47
Score: 53,110

Had a good time running to the county lines thru some beautiful
country.Arkansas has some spectacular scenary and views from the high ground.
I had a goal of 100 q's per county line but a longer than expected drive to the
MTGY/YELL line left me only 15 mins logging time.
My setup used Hamsticks on mag mounts on the roof of my old Honda Civic(38
MPG). So each line I had to attach whips then resart logger(N1MM)and setup the
countline(easy with N1MM) then reprogram the memories in my Logikeyer K-1(not
so easy with a couple of bad buttons hihi).Load up the IC 706 with LDG tuner.
Then it was off to the races with quick pileups right off the bat. Surprising
how fast every one can find you then in a flurry of reports its over and a
string of empty CQ's takes over.
It was good to hear all the QP regulars out there and the DX that joins in on
the fun.
I had a couple of callers that I just cud not make out(SRI) but remember ,we
are out there in the field at the mercy of the noisy powerlines that always
seem to inhabit the county-line-spot.Once I put the Hamsticks(2 or 3) on the
car I'm stuck there.I knocked one off on a tree limb as I tried to follow the
shade of a tree!
We were lucky to have perfect WX for the ARQP.Driving around with the windows
down(no AC anyway) was superb.
Had two close encounters of the rover kind,W3DYA/M was on the same road as me
and must have passed by as I sat off the side of 71hwy on a logger trail.Would
have enjoyed an eyeball Norm! I know running in a QP is a busy time tho
,usually with plans laid out.
I came onto a truck parked at an intersection in MTGY county and found it was
Connie(K5CM)and Pam(N5KW) working QP pileups. A brief chat with Pam and a howdy
to Connie,who was busy , and off I went to my next line.Great to meet u both!
Well I took in a lot of ARK. scenery in a 940 mile round trip that finally
ended at 6AM Sun.morn after a couple hrs nap in Jasper,MO at Walmart parking
lot,cuz the road got too fuzzy to make it home hihi..
Thanks to everyone who comes out to make some contacts in these qso
parties.Without a good crowd the Mobile/Rover gig can be pretty dull. 73 Mark
KI0I/5/R