[3830] CQ WW RTTY KD9MS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KD9MS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 02:44:48 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL USA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:
   40:   58      12      18     6
   20:   46       9      27    15
   15:   58       7      32    15
   10:   29       3      19    12
-----------------------------------
Total:  191      31      96    48  Total Score = 85,575

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The contest started off well I suppose, I was at work. BOTH Friday AND Saturday
night. Being a mobile DJ you gotta work when there is work to be done. That
falls on the weekend! I sure wanted to do more than 6.5 hours in this one.
After last year this was a disappointment (724K!), that was a memory I will
never forget!

Bands were surprising! 10 was good for the time I got to spend on it, about
what you would expect, but there was some EU on there I got an LZ, OH, SM, and
SP on 10m which was awesome! Too bad its hard to work the USA on 10 from the
USA!

15m was a good band for me with limited time and a large supply of stations, I
barely got to work a third of what was there. But both radios and all the
antennas work well on 15 so I played there for a bit. Hard to find a spot as
the stations were wall to wall up to about 21.150

20m was noisy and full but I found an empty spot and sat there calling CQ for a
while. Had like 2 replies so I left.

40m was good, just not much DX on there when I was able to work it. Everybody
was gone after I got home from my DJ party, still I worked 6 zones, 18
countries and 12 states.

I am pleased with my score for what it is worth. I hope everybody else had fun
too! Thanks to all for the contacts and I hope to see everyone in the WPX RTTY
where I hope not to have to go to work! ...maybe I'll get snowed in!

73, Craig KD9MS