[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dmsthill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 03:42:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  459      41      65    24
-----------------------------------
Total:  459      41      65    24  Total Score = 157,040

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First contest of the season with great propagation on 10m. I could not put in a
full-time effort as I was juggling many chores and other things around the
house. Lots of somewhat unseasonal rain prevented the antenna work which was
supposed to occur before this contest. That lack of work left me with a single
3-element LFA2 for 10m and that's what I used with 50w from the FT950.

Everything worked well and it was great to log QSO's with many old friends.
Some of the newer contesters have to keep track of their "NET" and
"AFC" controls. I had this one hilarious moment with one station who
was so far off my calling frequency I figured he was calling CQ. As he would
probably QRM me with my peanut whistle, I moved a few Hz up. And I couldn't
figure why he kept following me. Eventually I sent him a report after tuning
him in using the RIT and only then realised that he was actually calling me and
re-tuning me as I moved. He got into the log but it would have been easier if he
was transmitting on his receive frequency.

It was great to hear signals wall-to-wall as high as 28140 on Saturday. It was
also interesting how well 50w can play on 10m. The only stations I
"heard" and couldn't work were too close to me - I actually heard the
stations they were working but J6, PJ2, KP4 seemed to be just within my skip
even though late in the contest I did work FG.

Overall had fun and look forward to seeing you next time.

73,

Dean - 8P6SH/8P2K