[3830] CQ WW RTTY N6ML(@K6LRG) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N6ML(@K6LRG) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 04:15:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: K6LRG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    7       5        4     4
   40:   76       7       45    18
   20:   97      12       81    32
   15:  116      14       90    31
   10:   57      12       36    22
------------------------------------
Total:  353      50      256   107  Total Score = 380,373

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3, KPA500 (500W), 103BA, EF415, 204BA, 40-2CD, Inv-L

Part-time, looking for DX (mostly clicking on spots).

Not sure if my tolerance level is dropping, but it seemed that the behaviour in
the mult pileups was an order of magnitude worse this time. It seems that
everyone has figured out that the last one to stop transmitting generally gets
the QSO, so everyone sends their call 6, 8, 10 times... and then keeps calling
while there's a QSO in progress. Everyone loses track sometimes, but it seemed
blatant in many cases - maybe trying to tail-end before the QSO was even
completed. Even some of the usual winners where doing it (I'll refrain from
naming them). Also, too many of the DX stations weren't sending the callsign
after the report as well as before, which is really helpful in these big pileup
situations.

Also seemed that 90+% of the spots were off-frequency. This is not new, but
also seems worse than before. It got to the point where I was surprised if I
clicked on a spot and the station was actually there!

OK, enough complaining...

Condx seemed decent, especially on 15m. Nice to be able to work a few EU (and
middle-east) on 10m, but was rather spotty. Never heard zones 37 or 39, and
missed zone 22 (heard VU2NKS but too weak for a QSO) - all others covered on at
least one band.